Monday, February 22, 2010

Is anybody out there?

After 134 posts I'm reconsidering the value of maintaining this blog. I started it as an experiment and I can't say I feel it has been an aesthetic triumph. It just might not be an advantageous way to share the video clips as it is so disjointed. It also takes time away from other projects. Facebook, flickr, blogs--all of them have been interfering with Picture of the Day, which to my mind has the most lasting value so I'm going to re-focus my energies there.

(Also, I regret choosing blogger as the platform as I don't really want to feed the beast that is Google. If I had it to do over again I'd probably go with wordpress. And since I'm on this digressive topic, I recommend clusty.com for all your searching needs.)

Thoughts? I welcome your comments....

1 comment:

  1. Hey rob, I watch your videos and would be sad to see them go. It's a nice thing to see during the day. But if you're thinking of moving to another site, vimeo is ok, I'm starting to put my videos there. Also tumblr is super easy as well.

    ReplyDelete